Dr. Lawrence L. Gipson, FACS is a Board Certified Eye Surgeon concentrating in comprehensive ophthalmology. Procedures performed by Dr. Gipson include, but are not limited to, Lasik, diabetic laser, eyelid surgery, glaucoma filtration surgery and the SLT laser for glaucoma. Dr. Gipson also performs routine eye examinations and provides contact lens and eye glass prescriptions for the entire family.
Dr. Gipson graduated from Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan with an undergraduate degree in Botany. He received his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, which was followed by an internship at Montefiore Hospital University of Pittsburgh and an ophthalmology residency at Eye and Ear Hospital University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Gipson has hospital staff privileges at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
Academic Appointments and Medical/Surgical Boards:
- Clinical Instructor, University of Pittsburgh Medical School
- Board Certified Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the National Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Association
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Pittsburgh Ophthalmology Society